AniMatsuri 2011 Virossa (24 - 25 syyskuuta)

Keskustelu tulevista ja menneistä coneista, festareista ja muista valtakunnallisista animeharrastajien yleisötapahtumista.

Valvoja: Animeunionin Foorumiaktiivit

Tanel

AniMatsuri 2011 Virossa (24 - 25 syyskuuta)

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tanel » To Heinä 28, 2011 12:02

My Finnish is bad, so I'll write in English, sorry 'bout that.

I thought that maybe you guys and girls would be interested to know about the Estonian anime festival AniMatsuri that this year takes place on September 24-25th in Tartu.

It might not be as big as the Finnish cons but it's the only anime con we have and it's getting bigger every year. This time we'll have some pretty interesting stuff happening - you can check out for yourself at http://animatsuri.anime.ee/ (there's an English section).

It would be great to have some Finnish people attending - in the previous years we've had a lot of Latvians there, but only a couple of Finns.

Jamfoot
Viesti:

Re: AniMatsuri 2011 Virossa (24 - 25 syyskuuta)

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jamfoot » To Heinä 28, 2011 21:44

Well, that would be a nice excuse for another Desucruise. But alcoholic purchases would have to wait for the return trip as alcohol is forbidden at Animatsuri. If this is all too sudden, then maybe something that could be planned for next year?

Practical info:

A quick search indicates the earliest ferry on Saturdays leaves at 7:30 and arrives two hours later. Cheapest rate 28 euros for a one-way ticket.

Bus/train ride costs 8-10 euros for a one-way trip from Tallinn to Dorpat. Discounts available for holders of ISIC cards. Takes 2.5 to 3.5 hours to make the journey. Add time for getting to the station and waiting for a bus/train. It's probably faster to rent a (mini-)bus and have it wait for us at the port, also cheaper if enough people split the cost. I guess the earliest possible arrival time at the conference center is 11:30 with a rented bus.

No info about accommodation on Animatsuri's pages but from the map it appears the conference center is part of Hotel Tartu, which offers rooms as cheap as ~30 euros per person per night. There's also a hostel close by which is presumably even cheaper.

Tanel

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tanel » To Heinä 28, 2011 23:41

Jamfoot kirjoitti:But alcoholic purchases would have to wait for the return trip as alcohol is forbidden at Animatsuri.

On saturday night there's going to be a party for the guests of AniMatsuri - there will be a bar that sells alcohol (assuming you're over 18) and there will be music, so you can dance and drink and enjoy yourselves and the company of other anime fans. Will be fun, I promise! :P

Jamfoot kirjoitti:No info about accommodation on Animatsuri's pages but from the map it appears the conference center is part of Hotel Tartu, which offers rooms as cheap as ~30 euros per person per night. There's also a hostel close by which is presumably even cheaper.

There is a hostel close by (well, not that close by, about a km or so away) where the ticket to AniMatsuri will give you a 15 % discount. Their homepage: http://www.hostel4.ee/

All this information and more will soon be available at AniMatsuri homepage.
Viimeksi muokannut Tanel, Ti Syys 06, 2011 14:56. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.

__

Viesti Kirjoittaja __ » Pe Elo 05, 2011 18:37

How many stores do you have selling anime goods in the convention?
I might consider coming depending on how much the whole trip would cost and if any of my friends are going.

Tanel

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tanel » Ma Elo 08, 2011 09:15

We have agreements with three local bookstores that will provide us with manga and anime to sell. As for other goods, we don't have a store in Estonia that sells anime related stuff, but in the previous years we've had a Latvian store present at the festival and they're expected to come this time as well (though probably only for Sunday).

Tanel

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tanel » Ma Elo 29, 2011 11:42

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to let you know that we are organizing a local qualifying round for the annual EuroCosplay contest at AniMatsuri and it's not limited to Estonians only. This means that everybody is invited to take part in it and there's a pretty high chance of winning because despite all our efforts there probably won't be too many participants. The grand prize of that competition is all-expenses paid trip to London, including transport, accommodation and tickets to the EuroCosplay event. But you better be quick, because there's only 3 more days left to register! More information: http://baka.ee/animatsuri/?page_id=197&lang=en

Besides that we also have an ongoing AMV contest (http://baka.ee/animatsuri/?page_id=297&lang=en) and a drawing contest (http://baka.ee/animatsuri/?page_id=299&lang=en).

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Conit ja festarit”